So much more than just an alcohol and drug rehab program
At Gunnebah, we use evidence-based best practice and highly skilled staff to partner with you to create the optimum environment for your recovery from addiction to drugs, alcohol or unhealthy behaviours. We combine your motivation with our research based program of education, counseling, group therapy, mindfulness, exercise and fun activities so you can reclaim control over your life and rediscover your joy and purpose in living. Read about Our Program.
At Gunnebah, we understand that becoming addicted was not part of your life plan – it happened. What you choose to do about it is up to you. Our sole aim is to provide you with the opportunity to make significant and lasting changes in your life. Take a look at the conditions we treat.
Gunnebah offers an evidence-based, state-of-the-art holistic program that takes into account the whole person:
- Physical health (exercise, nutrition and sleep)
- Mind (understanding your relationship with addiction and learning new skills to make and sustain change)
- Spirit (finding your deeper meaning in life, counseling, group therapy, mindfulness)
- Social (rebuilding social skills and connections)
Our comprehensive service provides:
- A semi-remote retreat environment, removed from the stress, complications and temptations of everyday life in a beautiful and natural setting. Gunnebah is close to some of Australia’s most scenic national parks and beaches. Find out more about our location.
- A structured and full programfocused on building life-skills, developing insight and healthy lifelong habits. Your experience here will open the door to living the life you want. This includes:
- relationship and communication skills
- connecting with families and important others
- financial management
- emotional and self regulation
- physical well-being
- Individual therapy each week – To focus on your life and what is important to you. Therapy helps you to gain the insight and skills needed to sustain motivation and commitment for change
- Group therapy and team building in a safe and nurturing community. You will develop enduring, mutually supportive friendships with others who understand what you are going through because they’ve been there, too.
- Seminars to help you understand the psychobiology of addiction. Gaining awareness of what is happening in your mind and body with addiction and how you can intervene for your own benefit.
- Adventures and new experiences (e.g. learn to surf, climb Mt Warning, sea kayaking, etc) to help you rediscover the excitement in life itself.
- Cognitive behaviour therapy, motivational interviewing
- Exercise, yoga and mindfulness practice, wholesome food to become physically and mentally well and the tools to continue to build on all of this after Gunnebah.
- Integrated family therapy as needed
Of course, each of these elements do not stand in isolation but work as an integrated and individualized program, strengthening and supporting each other.
Maintaining change is real and possible. It is also a journey that comes with joys and challenges. If you are willing to commit to that journey, come with an open mind and a willingness to take personal responsibility, we commit to do all that we can to ensure you make it down that road.
Our expert team work together with you to embed the proven skills, tools and perspectives that you can take forward into the rest of your life. You have an opportunity to not only overcome addiction in your life but to flourish – through addressing the core issues that have held you back in life. We believe you can succeed, so we will stay in touch and provide follow-up to help you transition into life after your experience at Gunnebah.
Maximum Number of Residents: 11
Age Range Of Residents: 18-70 Years Plus
Length of Stay: 1 – 3 Months
Types of Treatment: Drug and alcohol misuse and associated mental health conditions
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
586 Nobbys Creek Rd,
New South Wales,
T: (02) 6679 1565