The program aims to eliminate self-destructive habits through a holistic program that meets physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs. The program thus goes well beyond just dealing with addictions, by also addressing self-image, work ethic, spiritual awareness, relationships and hope for the future.Live Free Tassie, known as Teen Challenge Tasmania Inc. at the time, was established in Tasmania by Bob and Naomi Engwicht at the “Kingsholme” property set in the beautiful Derwent Valley at Ellendale. This property was entrusted to Live Free Tassie by Young Aussie Enterprises Inc., who had substantially renovated it and used it for youth camps and other ministry activities. Prior to Young Aussie, the property was operated by Kingsholme for Healing Inc. as a Christian counselling and mercy accommodation ministry. The property was originally purchased in 1983 by Reg and Athlene Chopping, who donated it to Kingsholme for Healing Inc, and who ministered onsite and managed the property for two decades.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM DESIGNED FOR?
- Committed to making positive lifestyle choices
- Willing to commit to a drug free/addiction free lifestyle.
- Prepared to commit to all aspects of the therapeutic program including work activity.
- Prepared to participate in a program that is Christian based where participants are encouraged to explore their life from a spiritual perspective.
- To provide education and understanding of addictive behaviour issues.
- To mentor and support young people in developing life skills.
- To empower young people to understand and respect themselves.
- To develop young people into contributing members of the community.
- To support people in developing and achieving their life goals.
- Please note that Live Free Tassie and Pathways Tasmania Inc. are not affiliated with the entity currently operating as Teen Challenge Tasmania Inc.
Maximum Number of Residents: 30
Age Range : 16 to 30 Years
Appromimate Payment: 85% Centrelink ($300.00 Entry Fee)
Length of Stay: 6-12 months
Types of Treatment: Alcohol/Drugs
1084 Ellendale Road
P.O. Box 4711,
Bathurst St, Hobart
P: (03) 6288 1188
P: (03) 6224 3090
Help Line: 1800 033595
F: (03) 6288 1160