Established in 1984, Detour House provides a structured three month rehabilitation program for up to seven homeless women affected by drugs, and/or alcohol dependence.
Detour House is funded by the Department of Community Services as a Specialist Homeless Service.
All women who meet the admission criteria, regardless of religious or cultural beliefs, sexual preference, transgender identity, political affiliation, disability or HIV/AIDS status, are admitted. Both Detour House and YPR are governed by a clear set of rules and guidelines to ensure the safety of residents and staff.
Detour House Inc was most recently accredited by Quality Management Services (QMS) in 2011.
Detour House Inc strives to provide the highest possible standard of care to the woman and girls in our care.
As a not-for-profit organisation Detour House Inc is a Deductible Gift Recipient endorsed by the Australia Tax Office. Donations of $2.00 or more are tax deductible. Visit our donations page to see how you can help.
Detour House is a community housing provider which provides a structured three month rehabilitation program for residents. We meet our client’s needs by providing a safe and supportive environment for emotional growth.
Our three month program is based on the 12 Steps and is designed to enhance physical, mental and emotional well-being.
- Individual case management – support is provided to all residents through weekly case meetings with trained staff members.
- Health education – practical information designed to assist in recovery.
- Referral to other specialist services – referral and advocacy to generalist health and mental health services, government and non-government organisations.
- Art therapy – offering residents an enjoyable and creative outlet to work through their recovery.
- Living skills – providing support to encourage residents to live independently in the community.
- Peer and Transition Groups – weekly groups enable residents and transition clients a necessary forum to share their experiences and gain support.
- 12 Step Meetings – residents attend 90 meetings in 90 days to build insight and resilience.
We interview all residents to assess their suitability for admission.
Maximum Number of Residents: 7
Age Range : 18 Years +
Approximate Payment: 80 % Of Centrelink ($300 per fortnight)
Length of Stay: 3 Months +
Types of Treatment: Alcohol/Drugs/Gambling
PO Box 253
P: (02) 9660 4137
F: (02) 9552 4388