Foundation House is an alcohol, drug and gambling treatment centre run by the Construction Industry Drug and Alcohol Foundation (the Foundation).
The Foundation was established in 1994 to address the lack of availability of effective alcohol, drug and gambling treatment options, limited places in existing facilities, and unrealistic waiting lists in an already overcrowded public health system.
We are a living skills based program for males and females. It is available to the construction industry workforce, members of their families and to members of the general public.
We also provide an Aftercare Program to former clients. The unit accepts males and females with admission age needing to be 18 years or over. A comprehensive telephone assessment is undertaken followed by a face to face assessment on admission. Treatment plans that focus on the needs of the individual are then developed and implemented. Group work, specialist individual counselling and regular attendance of self-help meetings are an integral part of the Program.
Individuals with gambling problems also need to be alcohol and drug free while in Foundation House. Should a prospective client fail the urine test and is given the opportunity to reapply the following week, a second administration and urine analysis fee will be charged.
Aims of the Residential Program
Provide clients with a complete orientation to an abstinence-based lifestyle and an introduction to 12-step programs.
Criteria for Admission
- Clients will be required to provide a supervised urine sample, within 30 minutes of arriving for admission.
- Random urine and breath tests may be taken throughout the 28 day stay.
- A photograph of the client will be taken on admission for identification purposes.
- No pending court cases within the 28 days.
- At least 5 days clean from all substances except – 14 days clean for Meth/Amphetamine users/Buprenorphine and Methadone Maintenance Programs.
- No outside appointments for the duration of the Program.
- Clients are required to abide by the Program and facility rules whilst in residence.
- Clients need to make staff aware of any special dietary or medical requirements prior to admission.
- Clients are required to keep the unit clean and tidy and be an active participant in house cleaning duties.
- Clients need to be able to read and write English in order to complete the Program.
- All group assignments and activities are compulsory. Failure to comply or cooperate may result in a client being discharged.
- Clients are not permitted to make or receive personal calls in the first seven days. Mobile phones are not permitted.
- Clients are advised to bring only clothes, toiletries and money for phone cards.
Clients need to be in receipt of Centrelink benefits or able to meet the required weekly payments.
Maximum Number of Residents: 20 +
Age Range : 18 Years
Approximate Payment: % Of Centrelink Or $230-$300 per week depending on circumstances/Urine analysis fee is $35
Length of Stay: 28 days
Types of Treatment: Alcohol/Drugs/Gambling/Smoking
PO Box 1145
Location Building 502
P: (02) 9555 4034